It's not enough that you have to dress up as Maui for Halloween... now you're expected to make cute, holiday-themed food, too?!
So go ahead and download these recipes. You'll be the coolest parent (/demigod) on the block.
2 cups granulated sugar
¾ cups water
½ cup liquid glucose/light corn syrup
few drops black gel food colouring
6 Granny Smith apples (or 12 small apples) (Ensure your apples are fresh and haven't been waxed)
1. Grease a piece of baking paper and place on a tray/baking sheet.
2. Insert bamboo skewers in all the apples and set aside.
3. In a medium pot, combine the sugar, water, glucose/corn syrup, and food colouring and stir over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture feels smooth when you rub it between your fingers.
4. When the sugar has dissolved, turn the heat up and wash the sides of the pot down with a pastry brush dipped into clean water to prevent crystals from forming.
5. Allow the caramel to boil until it reaches the hard crack stage (150°c/310°F on a candy thermometer).
6. Carefully dip the apples into the hot candy mixture and place on the baking paper to set and cool for approximately an hour before serving.
No tooth fairy encounter is complete without a good ol' trusty receipt. How else is your child supposed to fill out their taxes? View full product details
It's summer, and you know what that means ... your kids are driving you crazy! But here's the good news: they say that the busier kids... View full product details